°!°!°I'm coming back to OZ°!°!°
Tage:
Stunden:
Minuten:
Sekunden:

am 16. august gehts los nach DOWN UNDER, das ich nach 24 stunden flug erreichen werde. mit dieser seite möchte ich euch allen daheimgebliebenen an meinem australien abenteuer teilhaben lassen und euch mit fotos vom andern ende der welt die möglichkeit zum träumen bieten- haha :) natürlich könnt ihr überall euern senf dazu geben und euch für obigen kommentar rächen ;)freu mich über jeden eintrag! °°anna°°

Monday, December 05, 2005

attention...heaps of news

I will compose my report in English this time because I want the queenslander being able to see what’s going on with anna on her travels. Usually they only watch the photos for pictures can tell more than thousands words. Unfortunately I’m not able to upload my photos as easily and especially quickly as I used to do it in cairns. That’s the reason for the English….might be probably a little bit more difficult for some people in germany, for instance my parents ;), actually I’m writing very easy sentences though. I’m sure you will do that- tschakaa! This time I’m writing from the laptop of fred…smart anna ;) , write all the stuff here and save it on a floppy disk and load it up in the library….juhuu, so I don’t have to hurry and save valuable time, I have heaps of time tough…ah actually that’s not right anymore, because the lazy queenslander anna (actually I did work in cairns as an umpire nearly every night during the week and I cleaned buses now and then) transformed to a busy south Australian girl. my effort of printing 20 resumes in the I-café, spending valuable money for that “crap” and leaving it in several cafes, bars and restaurants and filling out all the applications was rewarded. So the alarm wakes me up every morning at half past seven, I have a quick brekky and start cleaning the reception, tv-room and bathrooms in the hostel and get free accommodation for one night. Fortunately I only have to mop the bathrooms and spray a cleaner into the toilets and only flush, so I escaped the disgusting detailed cleaning of toilets and showers *lucky* It’s supposed to take me 2 hours but I usually finish after one and a half hour, meaning I can get a rest of half an hour before I start making the rooms at 10am. I get a list every day with all the room no. and then I put new sheets on the beds and clean the rooms so that somebody new can move in. that’s not really a nice job because firstly you have to carry so much cleaning stuff like the vacuumer, bucket, plastic bags for the rubbish, broom AND heaps of new sheets and the dirty ones- they are not light…*puh*- and secondly because I still go some ways more often I really have to for I don’t really find my way through all the premises in the hostel yet (more small buildings) but I won’t get lost the next times- I am convinced. Today I finished all that cleaning stuff at 1:30pm and received some cash money for that. My third job is working in a bar- juhu- it is a sports club and depending which sport is played I have to serve the young dynamic good-looking guys or just the older generation. Latest is really funny, especially when the old men get drunk =) “honey, can I have another coldie please” “the old men will help you until you picked up every thing in the bar, sweetheart” I had my first day on Saturday night, and everything went pretty well. Of course I had to ask twice sometimes what they want to order because they just don’t speak very clearly, especially when there’s alcohol involved, but with the progressing evening I was able to solve the quiz of Australian slang and got to know all the different beer brands, so that it wasn’t really hard anymore. That is a job I really like to do and the cash money I earn delights me of course as well. Today Ron, that’s my boss- really funny relaxed guy, probably in the middle of fourty- will pick me up at 4:30 because he is in the area and I will pull some beers, that sounds easier than it is because the crazy aussies don’t want to have any froth on their beer…yesterday I received a text from ron “ hi anna, thank you very much for sat night hope ya enjoyed it, I will call you tomorrow!slime xxx” and today “hello darling, did u want to come this arvo?” if that is not a good working atmosphere ;) I can’t complain, not at all!

Thursdays oat 6pm, saturdays at 1pm and sundays at 11am there are always beach trainings on the beach, meaning round the corner. It’s really awesome that some of the AIS players make these practice sessions. Yesterday I was the only girl among 8 other very good guys- help…no J- was really good for me and I even made some points- score- sometimes =) and then the high net….no chance for me to hit properly but choosing different corners in the court can be a successful alternative as well. Afterwards the guys decided very spontaneous “Barbie at steve’s” and so we went to coles, sandy of course, bought some meat, potatoes und fruits and chilled out the rest of the Sunday at the house of one of the volleyball guys. Very nice that they invited me immediately =) while we were enjoying a beautiful barbecue, we watched DVD, in the end I could say that I knew three more movies…half of the guys fell asleep now and then. I really have to admit, that was a perfect Sunday- relaxed and just easy- nice one! Besides these sessions with a coach, I train with mel and meg but unfortunately is meg in Melbourne this week but I think I will still get a hit in citybeach this weekend. Huch, actually there’s this comp I’m playing with mel next weekend I think, so we probably try to get as much practice as possible. I really love to play beachvolleyball here, it’s such so beautiful being in the sun and chasing the ball *seufz* Adelaide is really pretty good to play some ball because it is the base of the national teams both indoor and beachvolleyball, so you can meet the best volleyballplayers of Australia here!

What else can I tell you? Hm…let me think! The hostel here is very nice, I already feel like “at home” a little bit. Yesterday I chilled out in the tv room and watched ‘The O.C.’ nice one =) but I’m not really up to date though…but everybody is really nice here and you live totally independent, can have people around you or just enjoy some time alone…everything possible. Rule no.1 here: never forget your keys! Because of the many different buildings you won’t get into your room or even the toilet or just your section without the holy keys. That’s quite funny because you even have to remember your bunch in the night when you want to go to toilet…that’s a challenge…I don’t really want to think of nights when I drank alcohol- dangerous =) but fortunately I’m already used to it *puh*

The first two days the weather wasn’t really nice here: it rained and was cloudy L and I had to wear jeans AND my jumper- unbelievable, but I always wore the wrong clothes and mostly too warm ones, so as soon as I was around the corner I began to sweat…I have to admit that these days pissed me really off because I had nothing to do (you have to consider that I’ve just arrived and haven’t known what to do in Adelaide or, to be more precise, in glenelg) and unlike to the most of the others, I wasn’t really satisfied by lying in the bed the whole day….. baeh….not nice…but that’s over now and I can look in the sky again and smile because a happy sun is facing me =) It’s really amazing how fast you get used to the sun every day and the heaps of opportunities you can do with such a great weather (just wondering if I’ve already written that…doesn’t matter) your whole mood is just totally different when your day starts with a short walk at the beach, the view over the ocean or easily a brekky in the sun! well, I have to get changed for the bar…see ya later..i’m sure I will write more, now whit that opportunity to write on the laptop- I’m proud of having had that idea- hihi- and the others “hey that’s really comfortable and you really save money…good on ya!”

Hello, I’m back! Today it was pretty quiet in the bar. That was good because I was supposed to learn to pull original Australian beer and I did it- score- that was such a funny situation because the old men I served were so excited that I had to learn that: “don’t watch her, you’re making her nervous” if it hasn’t worked properly I saved me with the excuse “look, that’s the way, germans drink their beer” hihi. Fortunately ron cooked steak, wedges (not veggies…totally different pronounciation, I’ve already learned the difference between the ‘w’ and ‘v’ with and without using the teeth) lettuce (“lettes”), rote beete (forgot the English expression- bummer *ashamed*) so I had a proper dinner without any effort, ok I had to do the dishes but I’m employed there so I think that’s justified J 9,5 hours work today, I have to say “ good on ya mate!

The preparations for Christmas are still on and I’m still not used to this imagination. Alone the adverts on TV like ‘christmas gifts-beach towel only 20 bucks’ or ‘big Christmas party on barvey beach’ this traditional event like we know it is just another possibility to have a big big party: 24th prejoy (?) and welcome x-mas with going out, 25th heaps of food an alcohol, ok, breakfast or lunch with the closest family, meaning mum, dad, brothers and sister, not really family- orientated: “cousins? Yeah have some, but I don’t even know names and if, I probably saw them once in my entire life) 26th ‘get rid’ of all the rests of the day before…in brief, 3 day party and a permanent condition of drunkenheit =) drunkness? *lach* well, why easy, when you can have it complicated too??….party in a permanent drunk condition.

Ohoh I’m writing really really much…fortunately, I don’t encounter Karen in the next time (not really seriously *miss*) because she would tell me that there are heaps of mistakes in my text L but I don’t mind. Most important thing is, that everybody understands what I’m trying to express, probably it worked- hopefully, otherwise the whole effort of composing would have been for nothing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home